Benefits of Membership
AWC/PS is about promoting the career development and personal growth for women in the IT field.
Membership in our organization includes the following:
- Educational opportunities by attending our fantastic
The topics feature new technology, software, personal development, career fairs, and e-business;
plus the availability of presentation notes and slides from some of our speakers.
- Networking opportunities with IT professionals from all over Puget Sound at monthly meetings.
- Additional networking and educational opportunities through the AWC/PS alliances with other organizations
such as Northwest Women's Organization Network (NW- WON), Society of Women Engineers (SWE),
and Professional & Technical Diversity Network (PTDN).
- The job network
service provides members with the daily listings of job openings submitted by local businesses.
This job seekers listserv is a great way to keep up on current job listings.
- Local and national member directory gives members a network of women to turn to for assistance.
- Opportunities to participate on the Puget Sound Board of Directors and other chapter projects.
This experience gives members experience honing their leadership and teamwork skills
while furthering the cause of women in computing.
- Year subscription to the AWC/PS online newsletter that includes member profiles, upcoming events,
national AWC updates, monthly merchant discounts, technical tips, and more.
- Chapter association with the AWC
national organization that provides support and national conferences.
- Our chapter listserv provides members with news of upcoming events and opportunities for women in computing field.
- Great monthly discounts provide members with money off local and national events, and programs on theaters, amusement parks and shows.
Additional discounts include hotels and vacation packages.Typical discounts include Nutcracker tickets,
Disneyland Vacation Packages, and Whistler Ski Packages.
- Rental car discounts includes a 15% discount on Hertz Rental Cars.
- Annual scholarship of
$1,000 for a local student pursuing a degree in a field related to computing.
The cost for Annual Membership is $60.
AWC also offers a full- time Student Membership for $25.
Please note a full time student equals 12 credit hours toward an undergraduate degree and 6
credit hours toward a graduate degree, in any field.
Become a Member!