Traditional Chinese Medicine
What is TCM?
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a complete, holistic
medical system. It is not limited to any particular disorder or symptoms.
TCM originated thousands of years ago, and includes:
- Acupuncture: the insertion of fine needles at designated acupuncture points.
- Cupping: the placement of glass, plastic, or bamboo cups on the skin with a vacuum.
- Moxa: the burning of an herb called mugwort, on or near an acupuncture point.
- Acupressure: massage technique utilizing the acupuncture points and meridians.
- Gua Sha: rubbing the surface of the skin with a ceramic spoon or coin.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine.
- Qi Gong: exercises to balance the qi. Tai Qi is one form of Qi Gong.
- Medical Qi Gong, the use of subtle ways to access qi.
- Nutritional advice based upon TCM philosophy.
to Heidi M. Hawkins' home page.