Citizens' Campaign for Commercial-Free Schools
Information related to junkfood:
- Los Angeles Schools dump soda sales!
"Overweight and Obesity in King County", Public Health-Seattle & King County
"Call to Action To Prevent and Decrease Overweight and Obesity", Surgeon General report
Schools section of above report
- "Foods Sold in Competition with USDA School Meal Programs", USDA report to Congress
- "Fact Sheet: Nutrition, Physical Activity and Achievement", Action For Healthy Kids
- "World Health Education', address by Gary Ruskin to the World Health Organization.
"Intake of Soft Drinks, Fruit-Flavored Beverages, and Fruits and Vegetables by Children
in Grades 4 Through 6", Cullen, et. al., American Journal of Public Health, Sept. 2002
- "Childhood obesity:public-health crisis, common sense cure", Ebbeling et. al.,
The Lancet, Vol 360, August 10, 2002 (available
here for free, but requires registration.)
- Sample of a school menu, from Seattle Public Schools