"Directly exposing corporate behavior and revealing their inequities and brutalities is very useful work. And it's not that hard to do. People can do it on a local level." - Jerry Mander, Common Ground, May 1997 p. 30
- RELATED WEBSITES -
- Shareholder Actions and "Social Responsibility".
- SHAREHOLDER ACTIONS AND "SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY" Shareholder actions describe efforts by individuals, small and large campaigning groups, and institutional.
http://www.corpwatch.org/trac/resrch/shareholder.html - size 14K - 15 May 97
- Shareholder Initiatives 1995.
- Shareholder Initiatives in 1995 An Activists Perspective. Nell Minow. Corporate governance has gone mainstream. Shareholders, boards, and managers...
http://www.lens-inc.com/info/phart.html - size 17K - 9 Nov 96
- AFL-CIO Corporate Executive Pay Site.
- AFL-CIO site allows you to compare your salary with a CEO at the Fortune 500.
- WA Dept. of Ecology.
- Information on Washington Dept. of Ecology's Enforcement Program - Since 1995.
- Issues in HR - Nov/Dec Issue SHRM Issues Management Program.
- Disclosure. Companies are under increasing pressure from small "watchdog" groups and institutional investors to publicly disclose the details and results.
http://www.shrm.org/docs/disclosu.htm - size 4K - 21 Jul 96
- CLEAR/Environmental Working Group Database on Corporations funding "Wise Disguise" groups and organizations.
- Search for Corporate funders of anti-public lands/anti-land use planning groups.
- Corporate Accountability Case Study.
- Case study of increasing public control over corporations. The rise and fall of Naugacuck Valley Industry (east coast).
http://www.cpn.org/sections/topics/work/stories-studies/naugatuck_valley1.html - size 25K - 23 Nov 96
- Public Information Network.
- Provides research and information on Transnational Corporations.
- Shareholder Information - Glossary of Financial Terms.
- Glossary of Financial Terms. These definitions are intended to be a layman's guide only and you should not rely on them if in need of legal advice.
http://www.natwestgroup.com/glossary.html - size 31K - 26 Feb 97
- Research: Shareholder News on Corporations.
- InvestorNet, BrokerNet, InstitutionNet, Stock Reports, Mutual Fund Reports, Investment Information, Portfolio Management, Financial Performance.
http://www.researchmag.com - size 4K - 26 Feb 97
- Citizens Trust.
- Information on Citizens Trust which has a fund of 300 socially screened stocks.
- Information on Socially Responsible Investing.
- Information on Socially Responsible Investing.
- Public Citizen.
- Updates on corporations and international trade, GATT, NAFTA, WTO, etc.
- Inland Empire Public Lands Council.
- IEPLC has a vast documentation on Corporate abuse in eastern- Washington, Rocky Mountain area, including reports on land- grant railroads/timber companies/log exports, and mining companies for purchase.
- Ending Corporate Governance Webpage.
- Lots of references and links to Corporate Accountability groups and information.
- Fixing Corporations Part I: Legacy of Founding Parents.
- By Jane Anne Morris, Rachel's Environment & Health Weekly, #488, 4 April 1996. Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ].
http://cs.muohio.edu/Archives/eh.disc/apr-96/0007.html - size 15K - 27 Feb 97
- Multinational Monitor.
- News - research on multinational Corporations.
- "Taking Care of Business, The Corporate Crunch in Vermont", Multinational Monitor.
- This is a local copy of a Multinational Monitor file http://www.essential.org/monitor/hyper/mm0893.html#vermont....
http://www.ratical.com/corporations/mmTCoB.html - size 23K - 17 Nov 96
- Review of "Taking Care of Business: Citizenship and the Charter of Incorporations".
- by Richard L. Grossman and Frank T. Adams, 1993. Adapted for Earth Island Journal.
http://www.ratical.com/corporations/TCoBeij.html - size 15K - 17 Nov 96
- Richard Grossman.
- The Workbook, Vol. 18, No. 3 Fall 1993 Review and Commentary by Richard L. Grossman. Justice For Sale: Shortchanging the Public Interest for Private Gain...
http://www.ratical.com/corporations/Justice4sale.txt - size 21K - 13 Feb 96
- Richard Grossman, "Ending Corporate Governance", San Diego Review, 10/1/94.
- Ending Corporate Governance. 1994 by Richard L. Grossman. Today, few places on Earth are free from corporate rule..
http://www.ratical.com/corporations/EndCorpGoF.html - size 7K - 17 Nov 96
- Richard Grossman, Justice For Sale: Shortchanging the Public Interest for Private Gain.
- The Workbook, Vol. 18, No. 3 Fall 1993. Review and Commentary. by Richard L. Grossman. Justice For Sale: Shortchanging...
http://www.ratical.com/corporations/Justice4salF.html - size 20K - 17 Nov 96
- Resources available from Share the Wealth.
- Resources for Education and Organizing. United for a Fair Economy /SHARE THE WEALTH offers a range of resources for individuals and groups that are...
http://www.stw.org/sharethewealth/resources.html - size 5K - 15 Aug 96
- Lightworks - The New Populism.
- The New Populism. from MuseLetter Number 52. by Richard Heinberg. Populism, beginning to emerge as a response to corporate America, is aimed at social...
http://www.lightworks.com/MonthlyAspectarian/1996/June/16-0696.html - size 31K - 10 Jun 96
- Paul Hawken -- Declaration of Sustainability.
- Utne Reader -- September/October 1993, pp. 54-61. PAUL HAWKEN -- SPECIAL TO UTNE READER. A Declaration of Sustainability. 12 steps society can take to...
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/pardo/feature.d/twelve.html - size 35K - 2 Aug 96
- Seven Steps to Doing Good Business.
- 11/93. Hawken, Paul; McDonough, W.. Devising a system of commerce and production in which each and every act is sustainable and restorative.
http://www.inc.com/incmagazine/archives/11930791.html - size 46K - 15 May 97
- Right-To-Know On- Line.
- OMB WATCH/Unison Institute: Working Group on Community Right-To-Know. On-line access to environmental databases on toxic pollution emissions.
- Washington Free Press.
- Puget Sound's Independent Journal of News, Ideas & Culture. Carries in-depth articles on Northwest Corporations. (Six times a year.)
Corporate Accountability | Shareholder Resolutions | SEC Regs | Washington Corporations | Mutual Funds | *RELATED WEBSITES*
WISE USE MOVEMENT, David E. Ortman, P.O. Box 17804
Seattle, WA 98107 email@example.com
1997 Wise Use Movement.Northwest Corporate Accountability -TABLE OF CONTENTS-