Wednesday, April 7th, 2009 from 7 to 8:30 pm at the Southwest Community Center in Conference Room #2 downstairs.
Topic of discussion:
- Renae Gaines of Southwest Health Youth Partnership to discuss underage drinking
- Laura Raymond of Department of Neighborhoods - P-Patch Development on the 34th and Barton P-Patch
- Paul Roybal of King County Metro on the Rapid Ride C line and details for the stop at Westwood Village
What we are currently working on:
Traffic and Pedestrian Safety at 26th and SW Barton
- Pedestrian hit and seriously hurt on December 1, 2009 and pedestrian killed February 8, 2008.
- Meeting held with Jim Curtin of Seattle Department of Transportation at location on December 10th, 2009.
- See the story on West Seattle Blog here of the items to be installed and fixed starting in the beginning of 2010.
- Updating a pedestrian masterplan for the immediate area surrounding Westwood Village.
Liquor Store at Westwood Village remediation
- New liquor store to be moving into Famous Footwear location in Westwood Village
- Seeking remediation on the following:
- limiting signage of the liquor store to the shopping center side only.
- increasing lighting and limiting access to loading docks behind Famous Footwear location and Staples.
- fixing lighting on the Sealth and Denny School playfields to eliminate drinking occuring after dark on the playfields and to discourage homeless from camping here.
- provide speed bumps or other traffic calming devices on Trenton to reduce racing on the street after dark.
- Identifying current possible locations and designs for a community mural to be painted by the community. Web survey coming soon.
35th Avenue Spring Cleanup
- Working with the Southwest Library and Friends of Southwest Library to clean trash along 35th in our neighborhood on the way to the Library
- Date set for March 28th, 2010
- What do you want to work on with us in the neighborhood? What are your concerns of the neighborhood?
Discuss at our Google Group
February 11, 2010
December 3, 2009
September 24, 2009
October 6, 2008