Seattle Knitters' Guild By-laws
Name and Definition
- The name of this organization shall be Seattle Knitters’ Guild (hereafter known as SKG).
- This organization shall be unincorporated and registered in the State of Washington as an Association. The UBI number for SKG is 602-436-101
- SKG is organized as a community club for the purpose of the furtherance of knitting.
- SKG intends to provide a forum wherein individuals with common interests may promote the art of hand knitting within the greater Seattle community by offering a meeting place for all knitters from beginning to advanced levels. Within these meetings, SKG may provide programs to enhance skill levels, a supportive environment for passionate knitters and develop outreach/education projects.
- Membership shall be open to any person with an interest in supporting the purposes, activities, and objectives of SKG.
- Dues are established annually by the board.
- At a minimum, the Officers of SKG shall consist of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Program Chairperson. As the need arises, additional board members may be recruited from the general membership to fulfill the needs of the association.
- The Board shall be responsible for conducting the business of SKG at meetings and elsewhere as required.
- The Board shall meet monthly to discuss and plan activities and goals of SKG. A quorum shall consist of three (3) members.
- Duties of Officers:
- President: the President shall preside over all meetings of SKG and shall coordinate the activities of SKG. The President shall perform all other duties as required by the office.
- Vice-President: the Vice President shall act in place of the President in her/his absence or upon request of the President. The Vice President shall perform other such duties as required by the office.
- Secretary: the Secretary shall serve as recorder at all meetings. The Secretary shall perform other such duties as required by the office.
- Treasurer: the Treasurer shall maintain the financial records of SKG; shall collect all dues, assessments, contributions, donations, and other items of value; and shall report the financial status of SKG to the membership and to the Board at meetings. The Treasurer shall perform other such duties as required by the office.
- Program Chairperson: the Program Chairperson shall be responsible for establishing the meeting places, and shall coordinate programs and presentations for SKG.
- Meetings will be scheduled monthly.
- A quorum at a meeting shall consist of the members present, but in no case less than five (5) members, of which at least one must be a Board Member.
- Amendments to these By-Laws shall be a two-thirds majority vote of the Board.
- The fiscal year of SKG shall be the calendar year, January 1 through December 31.
- Checks or withdrawals from SKG funds shall require only the signature of the Treasurer. In the event funds must be expended and the Treasurer is not available the President may cosign.
- All funds received or disbursed for SKG purposes shall be recorded in the Treasurer’s accounts.
- The treasurer shall account for and preserve the integrity of special types of funds, such as funds contributed for specific uses(s), special SKG projects with substantial financial significance, capital reserves, and the like.
- Upon request, all financial reports are available to any SKG member for review.
Nominations and Elections
- Outgoing Board Members shall be responsible for finding their own replacements. If the outgoing Board Member is unable to find his/her replacement, the Board is responsible for recruiting a replacement for the vacant office.
- Board Positions are filled on a voluntary basis.
Accepted and approved by those persons present and voting at the Seattle Knitters Guild meeting of 3 November, 2004 in Seattle, Washington.
(Note from Webmistress, if you are interested in a board position, please contact us!)